Manages yard operations and works in yard to assist customers, load products, and deliver and transport materials to customer sites.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Schedule deliveries, pickups, and returns and verify proper merchandise loading before truck departure.
- Greet customers, provide customer service, and handle customer concerns and issues as they arise.
- Monitor and maintain a clean yard environment; free of trash, weeds, and obstacles.
- Stock, restock, and organize products, materials, and supplies.
- Pull and prepare products, materials, or supplies for loading.
- Load and appropriately secure product, materials, or supplies.
- Maneuver vehicles safely into loading/unloading positions.
- Monitor fleet truck and forklift maintenance and usage and verify service, inspection, and safety logs are completed.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of Bloedorn fleet vehicles.
- Operate a forklift and/or non-motorized material handling equipment to load/unload materials.
- Observe and enforce compliance of Bloedorn programs and procedures.
- Attend and participate in Bloedorn-sponsored training, when required.
- Perform other assigned duties, responsibilities, or tasks.
A Yard Foreman must:
- Complete and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen, background screen, and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- Pass an annual MVR thereafter.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Speak, write, and communicate effectively in the English language.
- Have basic math and measurement skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
A Yard Foreman will:
- Work in outdoor weather conditions and subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise, dust, and vibration levels.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, push, crouch, or kneel.
- Regularly sit, use hands, reach with arms and hands, talk, hear, and lift up to 100 pounds.
Apply at 3277 Old Darby Road, Darby, MT, or email an application to Allen Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Darby Distribution (a subsidiary of Bloedorn Lumber Company) is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.