Our work environment is one of mutual respect, commitment and encouragement, and we enjoy a friendly and collegial workplace. The positive results of this work environment are readily seen in our low turnover and high retention rates. The majority of our staff has been with the firm for at least ten years. Further, we feel fortunate that our staff is highly-educated and diverse in their personal backgrounds and interests. And yes, we have some real characters.
Associate Attorney – Business Immigration
Larrabee, Albi Coker LLP, an established, reputable U.S. immigration law firm with a national client base seeks a professional, smart, ethical, dedicated and driven associate attorney to join its very busy practice. The position is partnership-track for those who desire it.
We believe that an exceptional staff is the cornerstone of our ability to provide outstanding legal services to our clients. We place a high value on thorough training and the continual expansion of knowledge.
We are committed to a work environment of mutual respect, commitment, and encouragement, and we enjoy a friendly and collegial workplace. We feel fortunate that we have a mix of long-term employees, as well as new staff, all of whom are highly educated and diverse in their personal backgrounds and interests. And yes, we have some real characters.
On site in San Diego, California. Option to work one day per week remotely is permissible after three months.
What You Will be Doing
- Support senior attorneys in representing clients in the full spectrum of business immigration matters: NIV and IV petitions, PERM labor certifications, adjustment of status and consular processing, naturalization, I-9 and employer compliance matters
- Support senior attorneys in representing clients in family-based immigration matters
- Successfully prepare and supervise preparation of a high volume of cases without sacrificing high-quality work product
- Stay current on developments in immigration law and policy
- Answer client and staff questions with a clear understanding of the ethical rules for communication
- Collaborate with other attorneys; guide and manage legal assistants and paralegals
- Assist with the development and training of staff and clients
- Partner with other members of the firm to review and/or suggest process improvements and support implementation
What You Will Bring to Larrabee Albi Coker LLP
- At least 5 years of experience as an employment-based immigration attorney
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact in a professional and respectful manner, contributing to a positive and collaborative work environment
- Willingness to give and receive guidance
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and ensure internal and external service level agreements are met
- Proficiency, or possess the ability to become proficient, in our case management system (LawLogix) and other technology used by the firm
Juris Doctor and State Bar licensure required; California Bar licensure preferred
Benefits and Compensation
The Firm offers excellent benefits, including 9 paid federal holidays; paid time off; medical, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending account; 401(k) salary deferral program; and 401(k) profit share program.
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work in a professional, collaborative and congenial work environment in a beautiful and vibrant city. Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. Larrabee Albi Coker LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Interested candidates, please send your résumé to email@example.com.
Immigration Paralegal or Case Writer
San Diego, CA – Larrabee Albi Coker LLP, a boutique employment-based immigration law firm, is looking to hire a talented paralegal. Required academic and professional qualifications: A four-year bachelor’s degree in a writing intensive degree field. Experience with employment-based immigration is a plus. Will work on nonimmigrant and immigrant cases requiring heavy research and writing responsibilities (for foreign nationals with specialized knowledge and multinational managers and executives). Position requires strong written and oral communication skills; ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment; proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Assisting attorneys in document review and all aspects of case preparation; drafting petition forms and support letters; corresponding with clients and government officials under attorney supervision; managing document collection, deadlines, and case tracking. LAC offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work in a professional, collaborative and congenial work environment. Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for talented people to join the Larrabee Albi Coker team. If you are looking for a fulfilling legal career in the field of immigration, please contact email@example.com.