The Vice President of Operations is a key company leader accountable for driving the growth of one of the nation’s largest private aviation firms. In this high-profile role, the Vice President will own client satisfaction and profit margin goals, lead a high-performance team and manage critical partner relationships. The successful candidate will be an accomplished professional with trusted relationships across the private aviation industry, high standards of integrity, and an executive presence that inspires partner and employee trust. We are seeking a change agent who has delivered innovative systems, procedures, and training programs within the aviation industry. The successful candidate must be a proven leader with a demonstrated history of improving the productivity of a sizable charter operations team.
- Deliver our clients the ideal flight options sourced rapidly from a broad network of qualified Air Carriers
- Lead and train a team to deliver a best-in-class client experience consistent with our company’s 20-year history of exceptional service and reliability
- Be accountable for results across the company’s Flight Support, Aircraft Sourcing, and Flight Operations teams
- Build a systems-based delivery infrastructure that operates across multiple geographies to enable 24/7 responsiveness
- Set department goals and operational metrics. Monitor team performance against these goals
- Report upon team metrics to leaders across the company
- Optimize profit margins by creating the best outcome of flight routing across our Air Carrier network
- Manage the Vendor Relations staff to foster and grow strategic carrier relationships that expand our global network of highly qualified carrier partners
- Support the organization’s sales and marketing staff in new client acquisition and onboarding
- Manage team workload to meet internal and external client expectations and deadlines
- Recruit and develop “A players” to support our expected growth
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing a distributed team
- Knowledge of both Part 135 & 121 aircraft operations including a strong understanding of factors influencing the industry such as seasonality, competition, supply, aircraft capabilities, the global regulatory environment, and operating costs
- Existing relationships with Air Carriers across the industry
- Unyielding commitment to safety in carrier operations and an ability to vet Air Carrier safety standards
- Prior success in creating systems and workflow that result in productivity increases
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Well-organized with extreme attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Enjoyment of a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Absolute confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to act as an ambassador of the PJS brand internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work or military experience
- Experience of 10+ years in the Private Aviation industry
- Management/supervisory experience of a team of 10 or more staff is a must
- Proficient ability to use productivity software and familiarity with enterprise-class software applications and systems
- Legal right to work permanently in the United States
- This is an office-based job with typical demands for sitting, travel, and modest lifting
- This is a leadership role in an industry that operates 24/7, thus being available weekend and evening hours, as required/needed, and work hours beyond forty (40) hours per week will occur.
- The role requires travel to visit the head office, meet with colleagues and vendors, and attend industry trade shows. Estimated travel less than 25%.
About Elevate Holdings:
Elevate Holdings, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Private Jet Services, Elevate Jet, and Keystone Aviation and share a common mission to provide aircraft owners and flyers unsurpassed service, safety, and consultancy. Whether clients require one-off charter flights, large group travel, a flexible membership program, aircraft management services, charter revenue from owned aircraft, or aircraft acquisition and consultancy services, Elevate Holdings delivers highly-personalized solutions to meet the unique needs of each client.
Elevate Holdings operations are based in Seabrook, NH, Salt Lake City, UT, and Scottsdale, AZ.