We are looking to add an EXPERIENCED veterinary receptionist to our team! Willowdale Veterinary Center has been in business for over 30 years and has accumulated a wonderful set of clients and patients over the years. We have a very dedicated staff that work hard as a team and promote a friendly and supportive work environment for all.
Who are we looking for?
-The perfect candidate is detail oriented and can multi-task with high call volume.
-Answering client questions about basic general pet health such as vaccination status, discussing heartworm preventatives, flea treatments, age appropriate food discussions, and basic knowledge of common diseases tested for treated in a general practice setting.
-Able to adequately triage “urgent vs emergent” cases and schedule them appropriately or refer as necessary to the local ER clinics while simultaneously showing empathy and compassion.
-A strong team player. Our clients are well cared for by our staff and our staff needs support from each other each and every day to battle against any compassion fatigue or struggle against the difficulties that come with working in the veterinary industry.
– Previous use of Avimark a plus.
– We have 4 doctors, each have different scheduling and client management preferences, this requires someone able to retain significant levels of detail.
– Strong, confident client communication skills and friendly yet professional personality required.
-Dependable and reliable work ethic required.
What can we offer you?
-Current open position for fulltime hours Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 7am to 6pm (33 hour work week) and occasional Saturdays from 7:30 to noon.
-HUGE benefit package (fully paid health, half paid dental, vision, matched IRA, vacation and other PTO) after probation period has ended.
– Pay based on experience and performance during probationary period. Resumes necessary. Accepting applications for part time as well (less than 32 hours), but some benefits are not offered for part time positions.
*This post will be removed when the position has been filled.*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Following CDC guidelines as indicated.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fleming Island, FL 32003: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you currently employed?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location