We are now accepting applications for the role of Veterinary Caregiver Assistant. As a member of the Avets team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of providing state-of-the-art medicine and compassionate care for pets and the people who love them in Western PA.
Caregiver Assistants are responsible for supporting our Veterinarians and Technician Caregivers in providing the highest quality of care to all patients by restraining patients, running lab work, filling prescriptions, walking dogs, and keeping the hospital clean and comfortable, and effectively stocked with supplies.
This is a full-time position, working 4 ten-hour shifts per week on either a day or overnight shift. One shift per weekend will be required as well as a portion of the holidays.
We offer competitive health benefits, paid time off, uniform allowances, and an employee pet benefit discount program.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Remain calm and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with fellow team members to maintain a productive, positive and respectful environment.
- Interact with clients in an empathetic manner that supports Avets’ mission to provide state-of-the-art medicine and compassionate care for pets and the people who love them.
Applicants must be able to stand, bend, lift, and/or kneel for the duration of a shift (10 hours) and lift a minimum of twenty-five pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10-hour shift