**80% REMOTE WORK. REQUIRES SOME IN-OFFICE TIME**
KLE is a rapidly growing utility professional project services company, headquartered in Wixom, Michigan, that provides high-quality consulting services in the electric & gas utility industry using creative thinking and proven experience. Our safety-first approach and process-oriented delivery offer outstanding benefits to our clients and communities through plans of action, repeatable operations, and accurate results. Supporting clients across the United States, KLE drives operational improvement through Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management and Field Data Collection.
Perform detailed design of overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems. This work includes the preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications and estimates as defined by the client’s scope of work document. The Designer may be responsible to provide direction, training, supervision, and guidance of other design staff of equal or lower grade as directed by supervision.
Overview of Duties
With minimal supervision perform a variety of design related duties including but not limited to the following:
· Design and prepare independently, construction orders related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems applying prescribed standards, guides, specifications, and procedures.
· Preparation of field notes and design.
· Preparation of computer assisted design and construction drawings of a complex nature with neatness and a minimum of errors.
· Perform design services requiring a full understanding of drawings, specifications, and industry and company standards covering the assigned work.
· Take a major role in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications, evaluation, and requisitions.
· Preparation of engineering calculations (pole loading, guying, transformer sizing, conductor loading/sagging, load studies, voltage studies).
· Coordinate design development to meet project schedules.
· Provide training and technical support for other distribution design classifications.
· Achieve weekly billable goal as defined by the project guidelines.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Associate Degree in Engineering (Power Delivery) preferred
· Knowledgeable and proficient in utility electric distribution design standards
· Management may consider other education and work experience to be acceptable for appointment to this position.
· Additional client specific requirements may apply.
Experience & Qualifications
· Zero (0) to (3) years of electric distribution utility experience in overhead and underground design required, including construction drawing preparation, pole loading calculations, secondary voltage calculations, distribution transformer loading.
· Must have a valid driver’s license + clean driving record.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
· Must be able to complete a satisfactory background check.
· Must have a high school diploma.
Desired Skills are:
· Knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to overhead and underground Electrical Distribution design
· Proficient use and knowledge of computers and software applications desired (MS Office products).
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD or other pole loading software
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $54,000.00 – $69,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wixom, MI 48393: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location