WIN Waste Innovations is a waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to customers and communities supported by our team of 2,100 employees. We believe in preserving our environment for future generations while providing for today’s needs. WIN Waste Innovations is a vertically integrated business with a platform of 50 strategically located collection, transfer and disposal assets. These include waste-to-energy facilities, transfer stations, ash monofills, landfills, and fleets of rail cars and collection vehicles. We process more than 11 million tons of waste annually, converting 6.7 million tons of waste into clean, renewable energy that powers 340,000 homes. We recycle more than 234,000 tons of plastic, paper and metals from the waste stream.
WIN Waste Innovations is currently seeking a Utility Operator who can help monitor and operate plant equipment to maintain safe, efficient and continuous plant operations. The ideal candidate must be able to is communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; as well as communicates clearly whether using in-situ intercom system, two-way radio or face to face. Duties may include but are not limited to maintaining a safe and efficient operation of the Ash Handling System, other plant equipment. Completes water testing treatments, tests and treats boiler, cooling, and other plant water systems. Operates and maintains an efficient demineralization system. Operates auxiliary plant equipment locally, making necessary adjustments safety and efficiency and will assist the Plant Operator in the daily operation and maintenance of the plant from the field.
- Three or more months related experience and/or training
- Mechanical skills sufficient to perform such tasks as replacement of shear pins, valve repacking, and equipment inspections
- Knowledge and skills to operate power plant auxiliary equipment, such as air compressors and dryers, hydraulic power units, forced draft fans, pumps, spray dryer and absorbers, and lime slakers
- Ability to work overtime and rotating shifts
Work in areas under adverse conditions that may require the donning and use of personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, the following with average fatigue:
- Negative pressure respirator
- Positive pressure respirator
- Chemical resistant suit
- Heat resistant outerwear
- Flame resistant outerwear
Physical Demands include but is not limited to:
- Handle tools, equipment, fine motor skills
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
- Access confined spaces and pressure vessels through standard 12″ by 16″ manways
- Operate a 1.5 inch fire hose operating at 125 PSI line pressure to the extent required to extinguish fire
- Operate fire extinguishing equipment ranging from hand held extinguishers to 200 lbs. portable units
At WIN Waste Innovations, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.