WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National’s Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- COLLEAGUE MANAGEMENT
- Proactively guides colleagues and teams to achieve results, accurately assesses strengths and develops needs of colleagues; provides feedback, mentoring, helpful counsel and opportunities for development to help colleagues achieve their full potential. Ensures products and sales/services training is completed to provide clients with appropriate solutions. Responsible for managing and conducting annual reviews for the internal sales/service team.
- CLIENT SERVICE
- Acts as a champion for clients and colleagues providing exemplary service. Partners with CNB colleagues in all divisions of the bank to support client retention objectives and proactively promotes solutions appropriate to clients.
- SALES MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT
- Supports sales/service colleagues, RM’s, and managers in building and maintaining branch client relationships. Works with business partners to deliver solutions in order to maintain and grow client relationships. Recognizes and recommends cross-selling opportunities to maximize banking office profitability. Leads and manages internal sales process including outbound calling efforts, client site visits, create opportunities with existing portfolio and works with internal partners for new opportunities.
- Responsible for the operational integrity of the branch. Is the expert in risk management and loss prevention. Completes, monitors and audits branch certifications and operational reviews. Ensures regulatory compliance and effectively communicates and implements changes to policy and procedure.
- BUILDING EFFECTIVE TEAMS
- Blends people into teams when needed: creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team: shares wins and successes: fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- CLIENT FOCUS
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients; gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can manage risk.
- DECISION QUALITY
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment: sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- DIRECTING OTHERS
- Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes workflow appropriately; lays out work in well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- HIRING AND STAFFING
- Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staff.
- INTERPERSONAL SAVVY
- Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- MANAGERIAL COURAGE
- Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand. Faces up to people problems on any person or situation quickly and directly. Is not afraid to take corrective action when necessary.
- PRIORITY SETTING
- Spends time on what’s important. Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside. Identifies and eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
- SALES MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
- Develop and train all service colleagues to actively participate in sales activity. Stays focused on critical importance of sales and understands and supports the daily efforts necessary to be successful. Works diligently with sales manager to create effective communication with branch – allocating the time/energy within the service team to support prioritized sales strategies.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is consistently one of the top performers; bottom-line oriented and steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Minimum 5 years of direct client service experience required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a banking environment required.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory or management experience required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Bank policies and procedures and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent knowledge of Bank audit procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of Bank products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled