Sheet Metal Mechanic
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe manner by wearing all required PPE, and by adhering to all applicable safety requirements and standards of the company, customer, and/or regulatory group.
- Recognize QA requirements, and report any circumstances that need attention to the QA Department or immediate supervisor.
- Identify processes that will have to be accomplished at the shop and fill out all necessary paperwork.
- Communicate with the supervisor, customer, or designated representative to coordinate specific job-related aspects and ensure job continuity.
- Follow company, and customer policies, regulations, procedures, and other necessary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review details of the work package such as technical information, specification items, drawings, manuals, sketches, etc.
- Skilled in layout, rip out, modification, installation, replacement, and repair of structures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to applicable documents, references, and safety guidelines including, but not limited to the following:
ü MIL STD 2035
ü MSC General Technical Requirements (GTR)
ü NAVSEA Standard Items
ü General Specifications/Overhaul of Ships
ü OSHA 2268
- Able to withstand environmental factors such as:
ü Outside weather conditions
ü High, precarious places
ü Exposed to fumes and airborne particles
ü Very loud noise level
- Required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms on a regular basis.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and seek assistance with weights over 50 lbs.
- Occasionally perform other physical activities as required, such as:
- Climbing (including but not limited to, vertical and incline ladders, masts, and kingposts)
- Crawling (including but not limited to, through scuttles, manhole covers, tanks, and voids)
- 3rd Class = 1 ½ – 3 years of experience working with Sheet Metal in a shipyard.
- 2nd Class = 2 – 4 years of experience working with Sheet Metal in a shipyard.
- 1st Class = 4 – 5 years of experience working with Sheet Metal in a shipyard.
- Must be able to pass Drug Screening, Work Ability Screening.
- Must be able to obtain a Government facility security pass.