Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: Seattle, WA (100% Remote)
Duration: 6 Months Plus
This role is responsible for project managing complex technology projects within the Project Management Office (PMO) that tend to be district-wide with multiple internal and sometimes external stakeholders. They manage and collaborate on all stages of the project, produce artifacts (such as project charter etc.), schedule and facilitate meetings, provide status reports, and will take on some of the action items to move the project to a successful completion. Will work with the PMO manager and senior project managers to ensure projects move forward, maintain standards and processes that align with SPS culture and values.
- Lead technology projects from planning through closing using SPS standards, templates, processes, and procedures
- Communicate with the PMO, project teams, provide status reports and track projects through the phases
- Participate in PMO team meetings, training, and activities
- Attend/facilitate meetings and project work
- Other related duties/activities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Industry standards and best practices for Project Management methodology, including the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK)
- High level understanding of standard IT business functions that support ongoing operations as well as new functionality
- Knowledge of and experience with complex business application structures and functions.
- Quality Management and Business Process Improvement techniques
- Standard IT and Business analysis techniques
- Standard office productivity tools (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- Very strong facilitation skill with solid ‘toolkit’ of facilitation techniques
- Resource needs identification, selection, assignment, and management
- Scheduling and use of scheduling tools
- Risk and issue identification and management
- Change management
- Vendor/contract management
- Scope identification and management
- Very strong customer focus
- Communicates effectively with all levels and types of stakeholders and project team members including Executive Management, technical project staff and business staff. Able to tailor communications appropriately to the intended audience
- Able to maintain appropriate discretion, tact and confidentiality when dealing with potentially sensitive information. Understanding of communication concerns specific to doing project work in a Public Agency (FERPA, etc.)
- Creates project team environments that allow appropriate empowerment to maximize productivity and effective team collaboration
- Assesses a situation and identifies best facilitation method to use including minimum appropriate participation, method of eliciting input/feedback and managing through to a decision or agreement
Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or other related area; or years of project management experience may be substituted for the educational requirement with a PMP certification.
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Eight or more years of project management experience.
- Two or more years as a senior project manager with full project leadership.
- Four or more years of experience successfully managing technology-based projects from initiation to closure.
· Ideally, experience within a K-12 or other educational environment.
Certificate in Project Management; PMP Certification.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $65.00 – $70.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Project management methodology: 5 years (Required)
- Project management: 8 years (Required)
- PMP (Required)
Work Location: Remote