WHO WE ARE:
Par Pacific is a growth-oriented company that owns and operates market-leading energy and infrastructure businesses in logistically-complex markets. Par Pacific combines experience in the oil and gas industry with corporate financing know-how. We bring this unique strength to complex markets where we seek out diamonds in the rough. As a nimble, entrepreneurial organization, we actively pursue new opportunities in response to local market demands and changing external environments.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager,you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and applying subject matter expertise and capabilities to manage programs for pressure vessels, exchangers, piping, PRD’s, valves, tanks, FFS analysis, cathodic protection, process chemistry, corrosion and materials, and provide project support for fixed equipment included in capital and expense projects.
As the Senior Project Engineer at a Growth-Oriented Energy Company you will:
- Provide technical support for fixed equipment to refinery operating business units
- Responsible for framing up sound and economically viable repair vs. replacement recommendations
- Provide input into the development of fixed equipment reliability strategies
- Own assigned fixed equipment standards and participate in their continual Improvement
- Lead, or provide subject matter expertise, to Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations for fixed equipment
- Involved in industry organizations to stay abreast of new technology and trends related to fixed equipment.
- Enjoys working in a team environment, and able to communicate to all levels of the organization
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to other refinery departments (Operations, Maintenance, Environmental, and Safety).
- Develop economic justification for refinery improvements.
- Make recommendations for modifications to improve refinery operations.
- Identify and develop refinery improvement projects.
- Perform and/or manage all phases of engineering projects from conceptual studies, process design, cost estimating, detailed engineering, procurement, construction, through startup.
- Direct in-house and contract engineering resources to execute projects efficiently.
- Participate in process hazard analyses.
- Administer and/or manage assigned refinery engineering/inspection programs.
- Perform equipment inspections.
- Prepare engineering specifications including instrument specifications, equipment specifications, construction specifications and bid packages
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Senior Project Engineer opportunity, you will have:
- 5-10 years experience working within a refining, chemical, or heavy industrial environment
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Civil, Reliability, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: pressure vessels, piping, heat exchangers, fired process equipment, pressure relief devices, valves and the factors that affect their reliability
- Experience applying ASME/API/NBIC codes in the design, evaluation, and repair/alteration of fixed equipment
- Climbing ladders and stairs and entry into confined spaces
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Some overtime may be required, including nights, weekends, and holidays during turnarounds and outages
- Valid Driver’s License
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- This individual will join a staff of 17 other engineers/designers in the Engineering Department who perform refinery engineering, design and inspection activities. Areas of support include crude distillation, hydrotreating, naphtha reforming, isomerization, asphalt blending, sulfur recovery units and refinery utility systems.
More Good Reasons to work for Par:
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – a niche player in the energy space that operates in logistically complex markets. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals that love to win. If that describes you, you’ll fit right in.
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you’ll work is in the Tacoma, WA with access to plenty of outdoor activities and parks to wind down and relax.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more.
Keys to Success
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude. Candidates should have a natural thirst for knowledge and curiosity to drive personal and professional development.
In addition, in order to be a successful Senior Project Engineer,you will:
- Knowledge and experience applying ASME B31.3 and Section VIII Div. 1
- Knowledge and experience in applying the concepts of API 579 fitness-for-service to evaluate fixed equipment
- Experience with the design, construction, and repair of Above Ground Storage Tanks
- Experience in applying AMSE PCC-1 and PCC-2 standards
- Experience developing and maintaining fixed equipment specifications and standards.
- Experience performing pipe stress analysis
- Refinery corrosion mechanisms and materials experience
- Experience in performing Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Knowledge and experience with Risk Based Inspection
- API 570/510/653 certifications
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific’s strategy is to identify, acquire and operate energy and infrastructure businesses with attractive competitive positions. We own and operate refineries in Hawaii, Washington and Wyoming, with total operating throughput capacity of over 150 Mbpd. We own and operate one of the largest energy infrastructure networks in Hawaii with a logistics network supplying the major islands of the state. In Wyoming, Par Pacific owns a refinery and associated logistics network in a niche market. We operate 123 fuel retail outlets in Hawaii, Washington, and Idaho. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the trading symbol “PARR”.
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status,genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.