Do you have an innate curiosity when it comes to learning, implementing, and integrating the different pieces of a puzzle? Are you looking for the next step in your career that offers a lot of growth potential?
If so, we are looking for you to join our exceptional team as our Senior Mechanical Engineer!
WHO WE ARE
We re Genesis AEC – an award-winning architecture, engineering, construction management, and CQV firm and a leader in the life sciences industry. Ranked #5 in Pharmaceutical Design by ENR magazine, we re designing and constructing facilities that advance worldwide health. We re proud to contribute to our clients success, earning honors that include a 2021 ISPE Facility of the Year (FOYA) award and an ENRMid-Atlantic s Best Manufacturing Project award for our work at the National Institutes of Health.
Our culture is based on inclusion, one where all identities, backgrounds, and perspectives are embraced. When you re on our team, you ll find you are supported, challenged, and encouraged to grow – with opportunities, training, and a work-life balance to help you succeed.
WHAT YOU LL BE DOING
- Ensure oversight of a mechanical design team consisting of project engineers and designers
- Drive the development of engineering calculations including HVAC load calculations, fan static pressure analysis, hydraulic calculations/modeling, and psychrometric analyses by Project Mechanical Engineers.
- Coordinate the needs and scheduling of field surveys and assist in the development of HVAC and Central Utility system layout and design, in coordination with Project Mechanical Engineer and Mechanical Designers.
- Responsible for coordinating with other discipline engineers, architects, client representation, facility operation personnel, and contractors
- Conduct facility infrastructure assessments, infrastructure/utility master planning, and perform code and energy evaluations.
- Lead the development of airflow diagrams, pressurization plans, zoning plans and classification plans for Pharmaceutical and Life Science applications.
- Lead the development of equipment specifications, based on company standards, and as coordinated with specific client and equipment vendor requirements.
- Oversee of the review of equipment submittals and shop drawings, prepare responses to contractor RFI s and create punch lists based on field observations from team.
- Assist the Chief Automation Engineer on the development of Instrumentation and Control design for Mechanical systems.
YOU MAY BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities
- Proficiency in computerized HVAC load calculation and energy software
- Proficiency with MS Office and Adobe Professional software
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in Mechanical systems design and engineering including chilled water plants, steam and hot water boiler plants, custom and semi-custom air handling units, direct expansion (DX) system design, pumps, duct and air distribution systems, piping systems, and DDC control systems.
- Experience with Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Science, and Laboratory industries
- Experience working for both engineering firms and industrial corporations
WHY YOU LL LOVE IT HERE
- Our collaborative and positive culture sets us apart
- We offer schedule flexibility*, including 9-hour days Monday-Thursday and 4-hour Fridays, all year long; daily hours that work with your commuting or personal obligations; and a hybrid in-office and work from home balanced work week. *For field-based personnel, flexible scheduling may be subject to client/project site requirements.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and RX insurance plans, with two-thirds of your premiums and deductible paid!
- Competitive 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
- Thought leadership opportunities, including a $1,000 award for presenting or publishing your technical expertise!
- Competitive company-paid training opportunities
- A 5% salary increase for earning your professional license!
- Endless opportunities to grow your career
- And so much more!
Are you ready to unlock your potential with us? With your passion and our vision, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here! Submit your resume todayfor immediate consideration.
Job Type: Full-time