We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Manager, Product Management who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and enjoys working with business technology
to join our team. In this role you will work closely with stakeholders and engineering to define the product vision and align the roadmaps, execute the vision to solve several key engineering and business challenges. This role calls for a proactive leader, capable of executing as a team and who has, ideally, demonstrated an excellent track record for driving new product capabilities from concept to market adoption.
- Manage the design, development, integration, and release of a portfolio of applications that support the business.
- Engage internal stakeholders to determine needs, assess viability, gather requirements, outline technical considerations, and calibrate strategic objectives
- Collaborate with product management, architecture, and engineering to help strengthen and innovate the application portfolio
- Make tactical decisions while helping the company think long-term.
- Build trust with stakeholders through transparency and collaboration
- Define and measure success for each feature and function before it goes to development
- Coordinate product release communications for your components, clearly and efficiently
- Define expectations for engineering teams and hold them accountable.
- Be accountable for the product vision through product delivery, company enablement, and user adoption
- Ensure product and data compliance with global regulations
- 12+ years’ relevant experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing technical teams
- Experience with Account and Territory Management and Partner Channels
- Excellent user experience and design sense
- Experience managing shared services
- Experience with global security and compliance standards relating to customer data management
- Experience identifying and addressing user needs, building relationships with stakeholders, delivering clear requests for information, and resolving potential conflicts
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to make informed and fast decisions
- Ability to engage in detailed technical discussions with engineering and operational teams and make technology related product decisions
- Ability to communication in succinctly and concisely in writing and verbally with good interpersonal skills is important to be successful in this role
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $178,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.