Seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer to design, develop, document, unit test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications (cloud and/or in-house) using the Java programming language and related development technologies.
- Be a part of an agile team who is responsible for working cross-functionally with other peers and teams to deliver key organizational objectives.
- Make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs in their area of the codebase.
- Able to work in other areas of the codebase with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of our infrastructure and build system.
- Understand the business supported by your area of the codebase.
- Empathize with the user of the software and use that empathy to guide decision-making.
- Advise QA on adjacent code/regression impact.
- Take the initiative to fix issues before they escalate.
- Identify and proactively tackle technical debt.
- Communicate technical decisions through design documentation and in the wiki.
- Mentor junior engineers via pair programming, design reviews and code reviews.
- Contribute frequently to departmental Lunch and Learn / Tech Talk programs.
- Communicate effectively across functions and is able to work well with other functional areas.
- Proactively identify problems/risks with requirements for their own work and adjacent work, and communicate these issues early to help course-correct.
- Responsible for end-to-end ownership and completion of complex tasks with minimal guidance as part of a team.
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks, dealing with them efficiently and pulling in others as necessary.
- Strive to make accurate estimates and deliver high-quality software by project deadline.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of Java development experience.
- Strong Java Object Oriented design and development skills.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases (MySQL experience preferred).
- Experience with Microservices and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with Spring Boot.
- Experience with OAuth2 (Spring Security).
- Experience with Docker.
- Solid understanding of Web Standards (XML, Web Services (WS*, REST)).
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture and documentation.
- Experience with Agile methodologies or related iterative development processes a plus.
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of design patterns a plus.
- Experience with AWS a plus.
- Benefit Highlights:
- Yearly Performance Bonus 10%
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement programs and unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Java/J2EE: 5 years (Preferred)
- Angular: 5 years (Preferred)
- MySQL: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote