Do you have an innate curiosity when it comes to learning, implementing, and integrating the different pieces of a puzzle? Are you looking for the next step in your career that offers a lot of growth potential?
If so, we are looking for you to join our exceptional team as our Senior Electrical Engineer!
WHO WE ARE
We re Genesis AEC – an award-winning architecture, engineering, construction management, and CQV firm and a leader in the life sciences industry. Ranked #5 in Pharmaceutical Design by ENR magazine, we re designing and constructing facilities that advance worldwide health. We re proud to contribute to our clients success, earning honors that include a 2021 ISPE Facility of the Year (FOYA) award and an ENRMid-Atlantic s Best Manufacturing Project award for our work at the National Institutes of Health.
Our culture is based on inclusion, one where all identities, backgrounds, and perspectives are embraced. When you re on our team, you ll find you are supported, challenged, and encouraged to grow – with opportunities, training, and a work-life balance to help you succeed.
WHAT YOU LL BE DOING
- Ensure responsibility for facility-level electrical design and engineering for medium-voltage and low-voltage systems (35kV and below), including power distribution systems, emergency generators, UPS systems, lighting fixtures and controls, fire alarm systems, and motor controls.
- Manage a team of electrical engineers and designers
- Manage project scope and budgets, from conception through successful operation
- Conduct facility infrastructure assessments, infrastructure/utility master planning, field surveys, and code and energy evaluations.
- Coordinate with other discipline engineers, architects, client representation, facility operation personnel, and contractors
- Perform electrical system calculations, including load analysis, short circuit calculations, protective device coordination studies, and arc flash studies using computer-based programs.
- Write equipment specifications, based on company standards, and as coordinated with specific client and equipment vendor requirements.
- Review equipment submittals and shop drawings; prepare responses to contractor RFI s; and create punch lists based on field observation.
YOU MAY BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or other related discipline
- 15+ years of relevant experience in electrical design and engineering, focused on building systems
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) designation
- Proficiency in SKM Power*Tools software, MS Office, and Adobe Professional
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects, and adjust work against tight deadlines
- Experience with Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Science and Laboratory industries
- A focus in mission-critical data centers or hospitals, plus other relevant industries
- P.E. registration, or a path to receiving it
- Ability to assist with business development by nurturing relationships with clients and writing proposals
- Ability to lead in-house training seminars
WHY YOU LL LOVE IT HERE
- Our collaborative and positive culture sets us apart
- We offer schedule flexibility*, including 9-hour days Monday-Thursday and 4-hour Fridays, all year long; daily hours that work with your commuting or personal obligations; and a hybrid in-office and work from home balanced work week. *For field-based personnel, flexible scheduling may be subject to client/project site requirements.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and RX insurance plans, with two-thirds of your premiums and deductible paid!
- Competitive 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
- Thought leadership opportunities, including a $1,000 award for presenting or publishing your technical expertise!
- Competitive company-paid training opportunities
- A 5% salary increase for earning your professional license!
- Endless opportunities to grow your career
- And so much more!
Are you ready to unlock your potential with us? With your passion and our vision, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here! Submit your resume todayfor immediate consideration.
Job Type: Full-time