Furniture store seeks a part-time local route driver to drive a weekly pickup route in Amish country with 1-2 transfer routes to Central Ohio per week. Looking for those who live near Ohio’s Amish Country (i.e. Wayne, Holmes, Ashland, Richland or surrounding counties).
* 2-3 days per week depending on schedule. Average number of hours for this position in the past year was 20 hours per week.
PLEASE NOTE – This is a part-time route driver position and is best suited to only those seeking part-time. If you need full-time work this is not a viable position for you.
* Driver would run a pickup route on Wednesdays with a 24′ Box Truck to pickup furniture from our Amish vendors and blanket-wrap it for transport to our store on Thursdays. A CDL is not required but is considered a plus.
*Will also deliver paperwork and any needed parts to Amish vendors.
* Upon unloading at our store, furniture will be checked in, processed and received in computer. Requires basic computer usage skills.
* Additionally, an hour or so would be needed at home on a computer on Tues. evenings to map your route, and there may be a few stops on Fridays to return items to vendors or clean-up issues. Again, total time in a week averages approx. 20 hours.
* Additional duties include but are not limited to: light maintenance of vehicle, warehouse and unloading work.
***MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT 100 LBS
***POSSIBILITY FOR PARKING OF THE WORK TRUCK AT YOUR LOCATION IF YOU HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE (24′ Box truck – walk out your door, climb in, start your day). THIS ITEM IS OPTIONAL.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid training
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- Year round work
All items to take precautions for Covid-19 are provided for driver: Masks, Sanitizing Wipes, Gloves.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Box Truck Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driving: 5 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location