Company:Colonial National Mortgage
Job Title:Retail Loan Officer – Construction Loan Specialist
City:Austin State: Texas
Retail Loan Officer – Construction Loan Specialist
The Retail Loan Officer – Construction Loan Specialistwill be responsible for outside sales of mortgage loan products to Realtors, builders, and individuals. They will conduct sales presentations and seminars to various local trade associates and civic organizations for the purpose of promoting Colonial National Mortgage construction loan products and services.
- Originate FHA, VA and conventional loan production in market area targeting the new construction market
- Counsel, advise and qualify home buyers for particular programs, including the Single Close Program offered by Colonial
- Attend sales seminars and builder/Realtor meetings to generate loan volume within market area
- Work with processors to expedite and assist in the processing and closing of each loan according to company and government policies
- Keep informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages
- Thorough understanding of the construction process; closing, draw schedules, and modification of the loan, once the home has been completed
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in selling of Conventional, FHA, VA, and Private Investor mortgage loans for purchase transactions with a proven track record of success
- Track record of closing at least six condo loans in the past year
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Thorough understanding of current underwriting criteria and guidelines, current loan programs, governmental regulations, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the local market
- Advanced public speaking skills with the ability to make presentations
- Ability to educate borrowers on loan products and processes
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees and managers, verbally and in writing via advanced telephone and email skills, as well as in person
- Successful NMLS registration will be required
This position offers a full range of benefits including Health, Dental, and 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colonial is a national provider of banking, home loans and insurance. Founded in 1952, the company has $1 Billion in assets and is privately held by choice to ensure our focus remains on our customers and not the expectations of Wall Street. Colonial is rated “Five Stars – Highly Recommended” as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country by Bauer Financial, a leading analyst, and has earned Fannie Mae’s Four STAR award for customer service and foreclosure prevention, as well as the highest achieving STAR Performer for best practices in General Servicing, Collections/Loss Mitigation and Neighborhood Stabilization in 2014.
Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS ID 401285
Banking, Finance, Sales