Resolves research and adjustment inquiries within the bank’s practices and procedures. Responsibilities include: investigates daily incoming research and adjustment inquiries; resolves differences; answers service requests and inquiries received from various channels; determines accounting entries and makes appropriate disposition. Maintains internal operational and financial controls and ensures that they are observed for all assigned cases. Ensures that all cases are resolved in compliance with industry regulations and bank procedures, integrity of the department’s case management system and financial controls. May provide support to and train other researchers within the department. Performs all the functions required at the Research & Adjustments Representative II level and may act as a lead and workflow coordinator. Provides direction and guidance to less experienced department researchers.
Processing of legal documents (garnishments/levies) in a fast paced production environment to meet strict deadlines. This includes Federal, State, Local and out of State Garnishments, and other agencies. Searching for customer accounts on multiple bank computer systems (BOSS/MODEL, Interact, GFIMSP). Phone communications with banking centers, client managers, internal/external attorneys, customers is required. Duties include data entry, reviewing documents, creating and maintaining case files on internal tracking systems, searching customer bank accounts, responding to internal and external partners, placing holds and remarks on accounts. Managing a case from start to finish, including a heavily paper-based process. This also includes signing documents submitted to State/Federal/local courts and filed for public record. Cross-training required on multiple job functions. Maintain Productivity and Quality standards to ensure maximum efficiency of operations.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with strong PC and analytical ability.
- Must be able to meet critical deadlines and work under pressure in a stressful environment.
- Must be detail oriented, an independent thinker, and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Previous retail banking, operational or analytical experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and able to build strong working relations with business partners.
- Knowledge of internal bank and bank policies and procedure a must.
- Must be able to be on Phone for Extensive Periods of Time as required.
- Ability to work effectively in a higher stress, and high volume environment.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability to work and make decisions in an environment that contains ambiguity and interpretation.
- Adapts quickly to new demands and challenges. Ability to demonstrate flexibility with shifting priorities.
- Service adeptness: comprehend and respond to the direct and indirect client/customer needs.
- Previous case management experience required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to communicate well with associates, law enforcement officials and internal/external attorneys.
- Customer Service Experience would be a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with legal documents which involve appropriate interpretation (read, review, and work) is helpful.
- Able to work additional hours/weekends as volumes dictate.
- Comfortable with large dollar transactions (up to $100k).
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Broad understanding of deposit account types and titling, including personal and business accounts, CD and IRAs.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Monday – Friday 7am – 3:30pm
Referral Bonus Amount: