TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire – for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
The Talent Acquisition Operations team is seeking a human resources professional who will expedite and resolve background checks for candidates in the recruiting process. This hire will be the primary owner of the day-to-day background check execution work, and will also have the opportunity to influence background check policy and process improvement. The ideal candidate is a solution-oriented self-starter, who works with a sense of urgency and is interested in developing further in the human resources/recruiting operations field. This is a full-time position open to our Mountain View office only.
- Conduct end-to-end background check transactions, including but not limited to initiating background check requests with our vendor, tracking and updating background check status for new hires, and maintaining background check efficiency reporting.
- Manage multiple cases simultaneously with timely, accurate, and professional result delivery.
- Address complex escalations with cross-functional stakeholders from employment legal, HR compliance, and other necessary teams.
- Background check optimization strategy through observation of processes gaps and stakeholder pain points.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects.
- 2-3 years of hands-on background check experience, including liaising with vendors and supporting investigations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently in an ambiguous and multicultural environment.
- Ability to handle competing priorities, short deadlines, and work with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders cross-functionally and across levels.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.