We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced part-time property manager.
Manager Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Language Ability:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
3. Math Ability:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, and area, circumference. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
4. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
5. Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software.
6. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Directly supervises one or more employees at the property. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
7. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
8. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit.
Manager Duties: The following is a description of the functions and duties to be carried out by the Site Manager for the apartment complex. The duties and responsibilities listed shall be performed by the Site Manager.
1. Renting Apartment
- Handling Inquiries
- Show apartments to prospective residents
- Determine Applicant Eligibility
- Verification of Information
- Securing Signed Lease Agreements
- Rent Collection
- Maintaining Resident Files
- Recertification/Certification of Residents
- Attend Meetings
- Make presentations in the community regarding the complex
- Coordinate Advertising Campaigns
- Abide by ALL Affirmative Fair Housing Laws
- Social Organizations-contacting and referring residents
- Direct and monitor work duties of the maintenance staff to ensure timely completion of work. Hiring, discipline and evaluation of maintenance staff is provided by the regional manager.
- Coordinating maintenance activities
- Assure that trash pickup is being adequately provided
- Conduct Semi-Annual inspections of each apartment
- Community inspections: The Site Manager is asked to periodically visually inspect the community for any repairs that are needed
- Processing service requests
4. Move-In/Move-Out Duties
- Move-In inspections and contacting utility companies
- Move-Out inspections and working with maintenance to complete work needed to turn-over unit.
5. Maintain Documents required documents and tenant files
6. Involvement in contracted work: The Site Manager shall be involved in:
- Reviewing the performance of any person or corporation or partnership dealing with the project.
- Assist maintenance supervisor by participating in approving and gathering bids.
- Oversee the quality of work being done.
7. Outreach: Program Development:
- The Site Manager will be responsible for developing an outreach program. This program specifically needs to address and market the project to those groups of individuals that are least likely to apply.
- Documentation: All efforts or outreach must be documented and kept in a separate file.
- Provide outreach to current residents according to specified services offered by the apartment community and/or to establish resident relations, activities and apartment community interaction.
8. Day to Day Duties:
- Assist residents with questions, concerns and complaints.
- Ensure residents and guests are abiding with the terms of the Lease Agreement, Rules and Regulations. Take appropriate action to enforce, when necessary.
- Coordinate after hour emergency maintenance calls and act as a back-up, if needed.
- Treat all residents, applicants, prospects, vendors, etc. courteously and with respect.
Job Type: Part-time