Location: Atherton, CA
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours/week), Non-Exempt/Hourly. Weekend availability required
- $104,000 – $170,000/year, DOE.
- Discretionary Bonus (Up to 20%)
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick days
- Paid rest & meal breaks
- Opportunity for advancement
Unique opportunity for an exceptional, creative Private Chef.
Our ideal Chef is dedicated, highly skilled, has mastered the art of food preparation and is someone who enjoys using high-quality seasonal ingredients to prepare healthy meals in a private family home.
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic role that will allow you creativity and the opportunity to create menus and shape a residential culinary program, we would love to learn more about you!
- Set the tone for a creative and inspired kitchen while maintaining the highest standards of food quality and kitchen operations.
- Manage all kitchen aspects including budgeting, sourcing, ordering and inventory.
- Creativity with tailoring menus for specific dietary needs while providing fresh, healthy meals including fresh baked goods.
- Focus on providing an amazing fine-dining culinary experience for the family and healthy, but simpler meals for children.
- Maintaining a clean, organized kitchen during meal preparation as well as an immaculate clean up process by adhering to the highest standards of health, hygiene, safety and food storage.
- Maintain relationships with local and regional food purveyors and oversee and maintain all kitchen equipment.
- Michelin-rated, fine dining or private family chef experience is preferred.
- 7+ years of Chef experience and a Culinary Degree or certificate.
- Diverse experience with a variety of food styles, mastery of Asian fusion, preferred.
- Passion to produce the highest level of personal professional service.
- Respect boundaries, be discreet and ensure the family’s need for privacy.
- Excellent communication skills, positive attitude and able to accept direction and feedback while being solution-oriented.
- Available to work weekends and occasional holidays.
- Able to work a flexible schedule with travel as needed.
- Accurately distinguish differences/similarities in intensity and quality of flavors/aromas.
- Move about the workplace efficiently with care and consideration to noise and space.
- Ability to work on iPhone/Mac platforms as well as GoogleSuite and comply with technology and operating procedures.
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of California sanitation regulations.
- Food ServSafe certification.
- US work authorization.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must pass extensive background/credit, driving, and reference checks.
- Able to perform well rounded cooking techniques.
- Ability to lift and/or move items up to 40 lbs.
- Remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $104,000.00 – $170,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location