About the Role
The demand for treatment for behavioral health issues continues to increase across the US. As a result, Mindpath Health is experiencing tremendous growth and expansion and is on target to become a leader in outpatient behavioral health services that blend human connection with science-based care.
The Payment Poster (Remote)is responsible for daily payment, posting and reconciliation to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting. This position will post insurance payments by line item, personal pays, zero pays and do adjustments accordingly. The incumbent is required to support the mission, vision, and values of Mindpath Health and provide quality service to patients and staff.
- Executes payment posting for all insurance carriers and patient payments received electronically through patient portal or through the mail
- Daily reconciliation of the payment posting process
- Daily cash reporting using Excel and company software programs
- Post denials to patient accounts
- Assist other members of the team as needed
- Working knowledge of EOBs, EFTs and ERAs
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters concerning patient’s accounts
- Assist with special projects which may include sending claims, sending statements, processing refunds for both insurance and patients, Medicare reimbursement, and patient collections
- Performs other duties as needed
- High School degree or equivalent.
- One-year experience of data entry in healthcare field, payment posting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) and technical aptitude to work in open systems environments).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to build and facilitate good working relationships with staff at all levels of organization.
- Demonstrated ability exercising sound judgment and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and within deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information.
We offer a robust benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and EAP
- LTD/Life Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- PTO accrual starting at 15 days per year
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
About Mindpath Health
Mindpath Health exists to increase access to mental health care that helps people thrive. We do this by empowering our clinicians, investing in our people, and caring for the communities we serve. As a national leader in mental health services, we are reimagining care delivery, reaching patients and focus on clinical excellence. With a team of more than 500 mental health clinicians, Mindpath Health provides a broad spectrum of psychiatry, interventional psychiatry (including TMS and esketamine) and psychotherapy care.
At Mindpath Health, we offer telehealth and in-person visits and coordinate care with primary care physicians and referring providers to ensure a focus on the total health. Mindpath Health is in-network with most major health insurance providers and has more than 80 locations across California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Arizona and growing.
Join our community and discover how rewarding work can be!
Mindpath Health is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by federal, state, or local law.