Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Support Services department ensures timely and efficient transportation of patients and materials internally throughout the hospitals and assigned locations, communications for services for but not limited to: Environmental (EVS) and Engineering Services. Other supporting assistance is provided at varying levels based on the career category they fall in as outlined below.
Under the direct supervision of the Support Services Manager, Supervisor and Lead, this position will perform according to established procedures a variety of Patient Transporter duties to maintain a high quality of service that meets and exceeds the hospital/company code of conduct. This includes transport patients & materials throughout the hospital, complete Shift Prep by rounding the floors & completing down time duties, and assists with training new hire Patient Transporters.
Education and Experience
- Ability to read, speak, understand, and follow written and verbal directions in English with a basic range of comprehension sufficient for understanding job specific forms, documents, signs, symbols and written instructions
- Recognizes and comprehends emergency and urgent situations and can react and communicate so others understand
- Ability to work well with others, follow instructions, and schedule flexibility due to needs of hospital
- High School graduate or GED preferred
- Patient Transport experience is desirable
- Basic Math Skills and knowledge of the 24 hour time system is also preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid California driver’s license required for those who are authorized to operate Hoag vehicles
- BLS certification required prior to completion of department orientation