- A Patient Access Specialist serves as the first point of contact for Froedtert South. The position is accountable for appointment scheduling, patient check-in, registration, coverage management, patient portal sign-up, patient message collection and routing, departmental support, prior authorization and WQ (work queue) management.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- High School or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 6 months – 1 year
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Formal education beyond high school in Business or Healthcare or equivalent experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience in a health care business or receptionist environment.
- Excellent computer and customer services skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology; ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes and use.
- Familiarity with internet, email and Microsoft office.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrates ability to efficiently organize work, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and productivity
- Experience in patient registration, insurance verification and health insurance plans.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Schedules, reschedules and cancels patient appointments.
- Executes pre-arrival registration by adhering to registration standards.
- Accurately identifies and enters patient’s insurance coverage.
- Performs check-in/check-out functions for patient appointments.
- Collects all applicable self-pay payments for exams.
- Manages and resolves assigned departmental WQs.
- Takes messages (telephone and in-person) and uses the healthcare software in-basket to route and facilitate communication between patients and clinical care team.
- Performs insurance verifications and prior-authorizations functions.
Froedtert South is a comprehensive regional healthcare system that has served southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois communities for more than 100 years. Froedtert South provides services primarily through the Froedtert Kenosha Hospital and the Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital and several other clinic locations.
Froedtert South is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Froedtert South does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location