Portfolio Business:Huber Engineered Materials
J.M. Huber Corporation is one of the largest privately held, family-owned companies in the United States. Established in 1883, we are a diversified, global supplier of specialty and commodity chemicals, hydrocolloid solutions, engineered wood products and natural resources to customers spanning a wide variety of industries. With approximately $3 billion in sales and 4,000 employees worldwide, we have a material presence in more than 20 countries.
JM Huber is a family-owned company in the 6th generation. It is important to the Huber family to offer an inclusive and diverse environment and a very lucrative benefit and compensation package. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurances is a small piece of our benefits package. The 401k is highly competitive, we also offer pay for performance, profit sharing and an excellent educational reimbursement program. We have enhanced our educational program to offer assistance to qualified candidates with obtaining their GED in their first year with Huber!!
Hourly wage starts at $20.14 – $22.34, benefits start the first of the month after hired.
Operates packaging units to package finished product, places on pallets and stores in warehouse. Operates forklift to move pallets to warehouse. Maintains clean work areas. Loads trucks. Completes appropriate documentation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: (Four to ten statements of accountability which can be observed or measured.)
Operator is responsible for maintaining compliance with the Mandatory Minimum Standards Required, within his/her sphere of influence. This may or may not include compliance with any air permits, waste water permits, storm water permits, or other rules as presented to the employee as requirements.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtains bagging instructions including quantity, proper bin, lot number, and special instructions. Uses forklift to obtain bags and wrapping materials. Reviews paperwork, bar code labels for accuracy.
- Operates bagger and manually loads 50 lb bags on pallets and marks bags with lot number.
- Weighs each loaded sack and records on load out sheet.
- Wraps pallets and moves them to warehouse.
- Correctly attaches bar code labels to pallets and scans pallet into inventory.
- Stacks pallets in designated areas with forklift.
- Checks weight of several 50 and 10 pound bags during operations.
- Adjusts bagger mechanism if necessary to meet specifications.
- Loads super sacks as needed.
- Loads bag and bulk trucks as needed where properly trained.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition (clean up could involve using a broom and shovel).
- Able to clean out packaging stations when changing product and appropriately dispose or rework the clean out or changeover material.
- Correctly complete disposal/rework information on daily packaging report.
Specialized/Technical Knowledge or Required Skills
- Ability to work and act safe. Must be able to react and respond to safety related situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend bill of materials, lot codes, work instructions, safety manuals, and material safety data sheets.
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak the English language.
- Must have basic computer skills to be able to view e-mail, and complete required on-line training courses.
- Works inside and occasionally outside exposed extreme heat and cold, ranging from 20 degrees F to 120 degrees F as well as dust/dirt, noise, vibrations, and humidity for up to 12 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift and handle an average of 55 lb. bags in repetitive motion on a daily basis, up to 48 hours per week with additional overtime. This could be up to 21 tons of 50 lb bags during a 12-hour shift.
- Must use arms to lift and hands and fingers to feel, hold and move product. Routinely lift, push, pull, climb, kneel, squat, twist body. Able to climb and descend 19 stairs up to 14 times a day.
- Must be capable of wearing required PPE for entire shift: Hard hat, steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, safety harness/lanyard, gloves, hearing protection etc.
- Must be able to climb on/off forklift up to three-hundred times per shift.
Our employees are our strongest asset, and their safety, health, and well-being is our highest priority. We respect the individual by providing opportunities for professional and personal development. Our Principles drive us to create an inclusive workplace where employees share core values, show dignity and respect toward others, and work hard to achieve their best performance.
J.M. Huber Corporation is an EEO / AAP employer. Pre-employment drug screening is required