Operations Coordinator, CE (Student Accounts)
Director And Associate Director
Jul 18, 2022
Position Overview:This position is responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day operations of the Continuing Education (CE) division of the Office of Student Accounts as well as support the entire office with its daily activities and functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage billing, cash processing, adjustments and collections of approximately 5,500 Continuing Education (CE) accounts per academic year.
- Manage weekly CE refund process. Enter weekly matric refunds and ensure accurate posting.
- Manage the Student Accounts end-of-day balancing and reporting.
- Manage credit card chargebacks.
- Provide customer service in person, by email, and phone.
- Work as the liaison to CE Department on student accounts.
- Responsible for CE files on all 3rd party billing, special programs, Summer programs, outside scholarships, and various other sponsored student programs, Vocational Rehabilitation and Veteran programs.
- Responsible for preparing the daily, weekly, and monthly CE reports.
- Assist with the review, and proofreading of Student Accounts website and publications (Registration Book, Continuing Education Bulletin) for accuracy.
- Assist with the uncashed check and IOS process.
- Assist with special events planning (Accepted Students Day, Orientation).
- Assist with main email account and phones.
- Assist the Director with the annual 1098T.
- Develop and test new procedures whenever necessary following the Director’s approval.
- Assist the Director with any special projects or assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service, mathematical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must specifically have the ability to resolve disputes and inquiries in writing with polish and poise, as well as proper grammar and a good vocabulary.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a busy environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague, a plus.
- Poised, calm and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime and weekends as office needs dictate.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
To apply for this position
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.