- Utilizes work orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, engineering specifications, parts and wire lists, written and/or verbal instructions to build, repair and/or test electrical, electro-mechanical, vacuum, pneumatic assemblies, subassemblies and components.
- Performs a wide variety of electro-mechanical assembly operations, troubleshooting and repair. Identifies and corrects errors.
- Observes all safety standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety dept. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Utilizes test fixtures, electronic measurement equipment, leak detectors, and/or vacuum pumps to test assemblies, subassemblies and components. Enters data on computer terminal, such as progress, work expense and labor details. May perform computer programming, repair or software
- Checks own work for conformance to specifications. In-depth knowledge of job assignments. Details finished work. Receives parts and performs audits to ensure all necessary parts are available to perform build, test and repair. Inspects parts for defects. Strong troubleshooting capability and process improvement.
- Recognized as a resource for a particular product or platform. Highly proficient with assembly test processes and troubleshooting required to solve quality issues.
- Works closely with engineering on development of procedures and New Product Integration into the manufacturing line. Able to provide input on product “manufacturability” and influence on design.
- Provides training and support to lower level mfg. technicians and assemblers. May serve as Quality Lead and focal point for quality processes within the department. Effectively utilizes quality tools to lead problem solving. Assist supervisor in alignment of resources to daily production needs.
- Has developed advanced specialized expertise within a analytical/scientific area to perform the most complex work
- Has a good understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives
- May act as a lead for the team, may allocate work and provide subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams
- Exchanges ideas and information effectively; uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with others
Years of Experience:
4 – 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.