Young private optometry practice in Kyle is looking for a medical technician to join our small team. Our focus is on being the area’s premier vision care provider. We offer independent eyewear lines, performance & sports vision solutions, and high-quality service and materials. Medical field experience is appreciated, but we will train a motivated individual.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and check-in patients
- Process patient documents – scan patient charts, fax records, etc
- Verify insurance benefits, review coverage with patients
- Take detailed patient histories including current medical conditions
- Assist in prepping the patient to see the doctor by performing pre-testing procedures, taking patient history, etc.
- perform tests using equipment for auto-refraction, auto-lensometry, tonometry, retinal photography, visual field
- measure visual acuities
- Teach new contact lens wearers how to insert and remove contact lenses
- Stock and prepare exam room and pre-test area for patient exams
- Maintain contact lens inventory
- Answer the phone
- Schedule appointments
- Tidy and clean office
- Triage patient concerns and evaluate patient need based on medical severity.
- Warm, friendly personality and great customer service skills
- Work effectively with coworkers
- Organized and detail oriented
- Clean background check
- Interested in learning new skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- English-Spanish bilingual
- Previous medical field experience
Do you enjoy making connections with people? Can you find something in common with new people you meet? If so, we want to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time preferred (Monday through Friday), no weekends!
TO APPLY: Candidates must submit a cover letter along with your resume explaining why you are interested in working for a small optometry office and why you would be great at taking care of our patients. Applications without a personal statement of introduction WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE APPLICATIONS.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $17.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Are you available full time Monday – Friday?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location