Massapequa Center Rehabilitation & Nursing is committed to improving our patients’ quality of life & autonomy through innovative rehabilitative services, and an exceptional level of client-centered care and attention. We are seeking a detail orientated, organized, Medical Records Coordinator to join our amazing team of health care professionals at our skilled nursing facility in Amityville!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compile medical records for all new admissions ensuring all information is accurate.
- Update medical records for existing residents on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee resident’s clinical coordination (appointments, transportation, etc.)
- Review of medical records for missing information and any discrepancies.
- Collaborate with various appropriate clinical departments to resolve record deficiencies and close files according to regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures all processes are entered into department computer system for tracking and record keeping purposes.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from various departments.
- Arrange transportation and necessary medical information for residents’ medical appointments.
- Audits various patient logs and reports to ensure accuracy and medical records distribution functions.
- Responds to requests for medical records; processes letters and reports; answers and directs telephone calls.
- Familiarity and compliance with HIPPA.
- Computer proficiency
- Interpersonal/client relations skills
- Strong organizational skill
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Quality focused
- Deadline oriented
- HIPPA compliance
We believe that our employees are the foundation to providing optimal patient care, we equip them with the support and tools to excel. For our full-time employees, we also offer a flexible and comprehensive medical package, paid-time off, 401k, competitive pay rates and so much more!