Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist
Newport & St. Johnsbury, VT
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
SaVida Health is a specialty medical practice providing outpatient opiate and alcohol addiction treatment services. SaVida Health’s care model includes medical care, counseling, comprehensive toxicology testing, case management and medical management of psychiatric medications. SaVida provides compassionate and individualized treatment programs to support those with substance use disorder.
- Welcoming and greeting all patients in person and by telephone
- Verifying patient insurance
- Collecting co-pays and co-insurance payments
- Updating demographics and insurance information in the EMR
- Obtaining prior authorizations and referrals when necessary
- Obtaining appropriate Release of Information signatures as needed
- Answering the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner, using proper telephone etiquette and documentation. Recording phone messages and ensuring the proper party receives them
- Responsible for keeping the reception area clean, organized and compliant with the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the providers of patient’s arrival, being aware of delays and communicating with patients and clinical staff
- Scheduling and canceling appointments while ensuring that the schedule is balanced for all providers
- Calling patients in for random urine drug screening with associated documentation
- Directing issues or potential issues to the designated administrator/provider
- Prepares patients for examination/appointment
- Assists provider during appointments as needed
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens, including observed urine collection
- Obtains vital signs, for example, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, etc.
- Generate appropriate lab orders within the electronic medical record (EMR – Athena system)
- Print requisitions for required blood work
- Keeping track of and reordering supplies in a timely manner. Coordinating delivery of supplies with the courier service as needed
- Tracking and assigning unassigned lab reports in the EMR on a daily basis
**Assessment Testing is part of the application process. You will receive an email with a link to complete test**
- Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant school with a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and skills as well as the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Athena EMR experience a plus
- Familiarity with the electronic prescribing policy and procedures
- Be familiar with medical and behavioral treatment guidelines and all policies and procedures
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.