We are excited to announce a new opening within our automation engineering department here in Detroit Lakes, MN!
See below for a full description for this Mechanical Engineer position.
We are looking for a team player that brings ideas, experience and energy to the table! If you feel this could be the role for you feel free to send us your information. We are more than willing to work with the right candidate with relocation if needed.
Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design custom products such as conveyors, controls, robots, and machines. May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products.
- Ability to run small projects from start to finish with little supervision
- Design Custom Automated Processing Systems to client requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Designs, develops, and assist with testing all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery
- Knows how to source own components with little input
- Ability to work directly with client on small – medium size projects
- Ability to work on small – medium size full assemblies, subassemblies, single components, detailing part designs with assistance
- Ability to work on plant layouts
- Prototyping, testing and validation of mechanical parts and subassemblies.
- Analyze the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties
- Diagnose faulty equipment or systems and make recommendations for improvement
- Coordinate with in-house departments in developing project design and drawings
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Strong problem-finding and problem-solving abilities with regard to mechanical design issues and root cause analysis.
- Work with Executive management, Operations, Project management, Sales, and Controls on client projects, expectations and deliveries.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies to improve Applications design and quoting time
- Work directly with Customers and Sales Team to gather project information
- Designs initial concept layouts of new equipment and systems.
- Reviews concept layouts and designs with Customer and Sales team
- Fill in as Project Manager when required or assigned
- Create complete project documentation for engineering to include: drawings related to layout plans, elevation, data sheets and project specifications
- Assist Sales on technical sales visits and project reviews
- Ability to travel to client sites to evaluate project scopes with or without your team when necessary
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
- Applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of mechanical systems
- Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- AutoCAD and Solidworks 3D experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Mechanical engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- practical application of engineering science and technology: 1 year (Preferred)
- design and production of mechanical systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- * AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Solidworks 3D: 1 year (Preferred)
- design techniques: 1 year (Preferred)
- production of precision technical plans: 1 year (Preferred)
- blueprints, drawings, and models: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location