This position plays an integral part on our maintenance team specializing with installation and maintenance of our facility electrical systems. Broad knowledge in all facets of the electrical trades and familiarization with NEC codes is mandatory (current licensing is preferred but notrequired). The candidate that fills this position will also participate in non-electrical related maintenance activities and will be a team leader assisting with mentoring, coaching and fostering a cohesive maintenance team following all company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional guest service to all customers.
- Advise, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all electrical equipment and associated systems.
- Provide accurate and concise written and verbal reports to Maintenance Shift Manager as required.
- Work within the guidelines of all electrical codes and regulations.
- Ensure that all electrical safety practices are followed when working with any electrical circuit. Energized or de-energized.
- Maintain and enforce all Lock-out/Tag-out procedures for the entire facility.
- Must conduct all work in a safe manner, encourage others to work safely Responsibilities include working with both High Voltage (single and three phase) and Low Voltage systems.
- Assist in and conduct periodic Electrical Safety Training.
- Duties may include installation/maintenance of Low Voltage (class 2 & 3 & communications) systems
- Work with back-up power generation and uninterrupted power supplies.
- Be attentive to the conditions of the building and alert to potential guest safety issues.
- Perform under a computer based Preventive Maintenance program by upgrading, deleting and confirming information on all equipment as it changes.
- Research and provide information pertaining to facility improvement and capital projects.
- Conduct thermal analysis of all electrical distribution panels and devices throughout the facility.
- Responsible for working with pumps, Variable Frequency Drives, actuators, PLC controllers.
- Be proficient with electrical blueprint reading.
- Be willing to work in other areas other than electrical if required.
- Remain current on all electrical code changes affecting the facility.
- Be familiar with “ARC FLASH” requirements and champion this program at our facility.
- Conduct random electrical safety audits on team members and submit results to immediate supervisor.
- Must have prior experience working as Electrician in an industrial or commercial environment.