it’s what’s inside that counts
There’s more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it’s the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Why This Job
CMC provides an excellent opportunity to learn the steel industry and grow in your career. Whether you will spend your day in an office cubicle, operating a crane or running the melt shop at one of our mills, at CMC, you’ll get the training and support from your team that you need to excel in your role and reach your full potential.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical support regarding plant equipment, process efficiency, and plant wide safety
- Provide technical assistance in the scope of engineering, preventative and predictive maintenance, and other facets of reliability engineering
- Update existing plant and maintenance equipment records and processes
- Monitor and maintain a comprehensive set of performance metrics for the plant
- Interact with technical engineers and non-technical operations personnel to integrate new technologies and update existing systems, as well as provide technical troubleshooting support to operations.
- Responsible for the preparation and execution to the project budget, scheduling and approving expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action when necessary, problem solving, root cause analysis, and failure mode
- Provides and/or coordinates technical assistance, maintenance, and repairs
- Participate in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively uphold the CMC Safety Culture
What You’ll Need
- Practical knowledge of mechanical applications, electrical applications, and common industrial processes
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical prints and diagrams
- Ability to lead a project from design through installation and start up, including associated operational and maintenance training
- Team building and supervisory skills leading project teams and comfortable with supervising technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to multitask and handle stress in a highly productive environment
- Demonstrates dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs
- Strong communication skills required. Must read, speak, and understand English language in verbal and written communication.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) preferred; or equivalent experience
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that’s already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We’ve built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years — but we’re just getting started.
If you’re ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you’re ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.