Labatt Food Service is now hiring for a Student Driver at the Lubbock location. Must be able to provide a valid Texas Class A Permit or Texas Class A CDL.
Labatt Food Service offers stability with long term, full-time employment.
Labatt Food Service, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas is the tenth largest food service distributor in the nation. We operate in a high-intensity, high-transaction logistics environment, supplying 14,000 items to food-away-from-home customers in Texas and New Mexico from 5 distribution centers.
The Student Driver is a paid position allowing you to qualify as a commercial driver and be trained as a Route Driver for Labatt Food Service. This includes unloading 600-1,200 cases per day by hand at designated stops, learning how to drive a tractor-trailer, and interacting with customers. The routes are local and you will be able to be home with your family every night and on weekends! The schedule is Monday – Friday and dispatch is typically between 3:00 and 5:00 am.
Labatt Food’s Student Driver Program has graduated over 300 studentssince its origination. Labatt wants its drivers to have the safest fleet of trucks available. Trucks are equipped with the latest suite of radar and safety technology on the market, such as: adaptive braking and collision mitigation, lane departure warnings, and tire pressure monitoring on all tires. All our trucks are new and with automatic transmissions that will help with a smooth ride every day.
Labatt offers great benefits, including:
- $12,000 retention bonus payed out after 3 years
- $4,000 sign-on bonus ($2,000 after 6 months of employment and additional $2,000 after 12 months of employment) (Limited Time)
- Average $170 daily ($850 weekly)
- Career path set as Route Driver upon completion of program. Average income $65,000-$90,000 /yr.
- Paid training to acquire your Class A CDL
- Home Every Night and Weekends
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Paid holidays, sick days, and vacation
- Quarterly BBQs and yearly family events
- Never had a lay-off.
Please click Apply to fill out an application online.
Applicable candidates must pass pre-employment background check, drug test, and physical.