Originate small business loans that align with the organization’s mission; comply with our loan policies, and meets annual loan production goals and objectives. Work with senior management team to develop and implement loan production goals in accordance with organization’s strategic and annual operating plans.
- Conducts direct marketing and outreach to prospective borrowers
- Represents organization and makes presentations at community events and conferences
- Cultivates relationships and builds referral networks with banks, local government agencies, community organizations, and other financial intermediaries
- Originates loans: Loan applicant intake, due diligence, underwriting, and credit analysis
- Prepares and presents loan packages for EWF’s Loan Committee
- Manages the loan closing process; prepares closing documents, submits required filings, processes loan advances, sets up and maintains loan files.
- Identifies business technical assistance needs of loan applicants and existing borrowers
- Monitors and manages the performance of the loan portfolio including loan delinquency management, collections, problem loans and workouts within established policies and performance standards
- Collects and enters all required client and transaction data into loan processing system and database
- Prepares and tracks the disbursement and repayment of loans, including associated fees and interest payments
- Coordinates on-going technical assistance to borrowers to ensure timely repayment of loans
- Assists accounting and administrative staff to ensure accurate and timely financial recordkeeping and preparing for the annual audit.
- Develops reports and analyses of portfolio performance for senior management, loan committee, funders, and the board
- Ensures that data collection, reporting and filing systems meet organization’s reporting needs and comply with all contracts, funder, and audit requirements
- Coordinates on-going technical assistance to borrowers to optimize the repayment of loans
- Responds to periodic industry and funder surveys
- Two or more years of relevant professional experience in finance, economic or community development, loan servicing, compliance, or reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced financial and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage customer relationships
- Superior writing, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills • Experience and comfort working (or volunteering) with diverse and historically disadvantaged populations
- Experience working on teams with other employees and/or projects with limited supervision
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe applications
- Small business or micro lending experience
- Experience working/volunteering for a non-profit organization
- Experience with accounting, loan servicing and relational database applications
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Leslie Benoliel, President and CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Loan Officer” in the Subject Line. No phone calls, please.