STILL OPEN AS OF 7/23/2022
***Our last recruitment efforts yielded us great results with several amazing new hires and so we are adding one more Lead Ranch Hand to build our team!
Azaya Ranch is a family ranch that has a small vineyard, non-profit sanctuary and home to 14 senior horses. We have a passion for caring for the land and the animals that reside here and are building a ranch team that has the passion and the drive to join us.
Our Lead Ranch Hand position is a very rewarding job for those who are multi-talented and would enjoy pitching in a hand in a number of different areas of the ranch. Talents can include mechanically inclined, general home owner type maintenance and repair, basic construction, vehicle maintenance, irrigation, landscaping, animal care.
You have to enjoy manual labor to see the beauty of this job and you will thrive if you want to learn more about how to mix your love of the outdoors and the ranch lifestyle with your love of animals. You can expect to be held to a high standard, be on the move, work hard, grow, and be proud of your work.
You do not need to have experience in everything you will be doing in this role, we can train the right person, but you will need to have a keen eye for detail, a roll up your sleeves work ethic, a professional attitude toward your job, and a desire to love where you work (which takes effort on everyone’s part).
You Will Be Doing Horse Care Tasks
- Feeding and checking horse waters
- Turning the horses out to pastures and walking them
- Stall cleaning
- Preparing grain bags and supplements
- Loading and unloading hay and supplies
- Using tractor and driving mowers for some tasks
You Will Be Helping in General Care of the Property
- Handy work
- Leading manual labor contractors
- Serving as point person to ranch manager for daily tasks
- Other odd jobs around the ranch
- Barn tidying
- Ordering supplies and inventory
You Can Expect These Perks:
- Health Care Benefits available from Day 1
- Paid sick leave, 5 paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation
- Extra hours are sometimes available for our those who prefer occasional overtime hours
- Paid twice a month on the 5th and 20th – direct deposit available
- Drinks and snacks in the breakroom
- Work shoes allowance
- Stellar management to support your day to day work needs
- Cupcakes on your birthday 🙂
Hopefully, if you have read down this far, you are interested in this position. We look forward to hearing from you.
Azaya Ranch is closed to the public. In order to have someone available to meet with you, you must have an appointment before coming to the ranch. Any visitors who choose to show up without an appointment to inquire about the job or for any other reason will not be considered for employment.