The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Quality Assurance Lab Technician will be responsible for ensuring product quality is monitored and tested in compliance with established procedures, specification and instructions. The individual in this position is responsible, but not limited to taking samples, and performing test as prescribed by procedure or specification, reporting to appropriate personnel on status of line operation, performing requested test and samples and recording information in logs and databases. This opening is on Crew C (nights).
- Accurately completes quality grade using grading standards.
- Accurately enters all product identity information for all product produced in an inventory database.
- Performs requested tests and samples.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Provides prompt and timely feedback to appropriate personnel relative to production related problems (i.e. excessive defects, mislabeling, package quality issues, downtime and increased production etc).
- Available to work night shift (7pm to 7am) and overtime shifts as needed.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Forklift experience preferred, but on-the-job training is provided.
- Must be able to perform activities such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, stair and ladder climbing on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift a case of French fries – maximum 40 lbs.
- Use basic lab equipment.
- Good knowledge of computer systems.
- Ability to work in refrigerated and frozen environments.
- Good communication skills.
- Needs to be organized, efficient, and have good time management skills.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Adheres to all standards, policies and systems as appropriate.
- 12 hour shifts. Employees work a 2-week rotation, working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on Week 2.
- Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM or 7PM to 7AM shifts.
- The monthly schedule does not include rotating from nights to days.
- Employees enjoy having a 3-day weekend every other week.
- Employees will receive 8 hours of time and half overtime on their 48 hour week schedule.
Job Requisition ID: 9447
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Plant – Grand Forks
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at email@example.com.