HCA Florida JFK Hospital is seeking a FL licensed, ABOS certified experienced Living Donor Kidney Transplant Surgeon Director to join an existing surgical practice in the Palm Beach, FL area.
The transplant physician director (Medical/Surgical/Program directorship) performs, oversees and reviews the medical/surgical evaluation of transplant candidates to determine suitability for transplant. The director participates in multidisciplinary patient selection meetings to determine eligibility of new candidates, eligibility of listed candidates and status changes of patients on the waiting list. The director is responsible for providing, supervising and coordinating the care of the transplant patient during all phases of transplant. The director oversees and ensures appropriate post-transplant care and management. The director monitors and adjusts patients’ immunosuppression regimen, provides surveillance on rejection, opportunistic infection and other comorbidities.
The transplant physician director (Medical/Surgical/Program directorship) ensure compliance with all OPTN/UNOS bylaws and polices; CMS Conditions of Participation for transplant and all other regulatory requirements for transplant.
The transplant physician is responsible for the ongoing development, growth and oversight of the transplant program. The physician director is responsible for promoting high standards of practice through development of transplant policies, protocols and practice guidelines; the transplant quality assessment performance improvement (QAPI) program; physician, staff and patient education. The physician director is proactively engaged on all transplant performance improvement and administrative issues. The physician director routinely analyzes outcomes data to improve the care provided, is familiar with UNOS and SRTR reporting structure and proactively manages undesired changes in performance.
- Participates in multidisciplinary committee review and determine if patient meets program’s selection criteria for placement on wait list.
- Routinely reviews organ offer reports to ensure appropriate acceptance practices.
- Participates in the research, development and writing of transplant policies, protocols and practice guidelines
- Evaluates the performance of services provided by the HLA lab, OPO and physician specialists participating in the evaluation and care of transplant patients through record review.
- Develops and provides input on practice guidelines, policies and methodologies for medical/surgical transplant care.
- Organizes, directs, implements and reviews departmental practices to assure continued compliance with applicable laws including the guidelines established by the OPTN/UNOS, CMS and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals.
- Supports 24/7, 365, physician coverage of transplant program.
- Participates in transplant patient/family satisfaction projects as developed by hospital.
- Oversees transplant QAPI program.
- Determines and implements performance improvement activities appropriate to the transplant program.
- Reviews and investigates all Transplant performance improvement inquiries.
- Monitors compliance with transplant treatment guidelines, policies and protocols.
- Assures that the quality and appropriateness of patient care are monitored and evaluated and that appropriate actions based on findings are taken on a consistent basis through audit process review.
- Identifies and corrects deficiencies in transplant care policies, guidelines and protocols.
- Reviews all transplant related peer review and initiates action as necessary.
- Supports the requirements for transplant CME by participating and assisting in the education and training of hospital personnel physicians and specialists.
- Ensures education is provided for hospital staff regarding transplant program policies and appropriate medical practices.
- Participates in hospital outreach activities as may be requested by administration.
- Participates in transplant community education.
About HCA Healthcare:
- HCA Healthcare is one of the largest healthcare systems in the country with over 180 hospitals in 20 states
- HCA Healthcare is the largest provider of GME Services with over 4000 residents and fellows in ACGME accredited programs
- Our healthcare system was established over 50 years ago and continues to improve the quality of care provided to approximately 5% of the population in the US
If you need any additional information, please contact:
Robin R. Davis, CPRP
HCA Healthcare | East Florida
450 E. Las Olas Blvd., Suite 1100, Fort Lauderdale, FL
239.458.2923| F 866.232.4817
HCACareers.com | Connect With Us