Jr Operations Manager – Coach
Imagine what you could do here. As a Junior Operations Expert, you know better than anyone else the satisfaction of leading a team to produce optimal results. So it’s up to you to make sure customers are just as satisfied. By guiding and mentoring your team, you help keep pace with changing demands and make sure every team is provided the opportunity to succeed. At the end of the day, it’s your organizational skills and dedication that are the heart of what 1-800-GOT-JUNK? does – providing customers with junk removal service that exceeds all expectations.
The people here at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? don’t just provide junk removal service – they provide the type of customer experience that builds lasting relationships.
1-800-GOT-JUNK?’s most importance resource, our soul, is our people.
- 1 year of Industry Experience (Management, Operations or Coaching)
- Driven, independent and possess strong leadership skills
- Socially focused; emphasis on building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to adhere to established guidelines and procedures
- Strong organizational skills, quick evaluation of every situation
- Natural leader of a Team Environment
As a Junior Operations Expert, you and your team have the incredible responsibility of making the ordinary experience of junk removal, extraordinary. You are in charge of ensuring teams are set up for success – route management, scheduling and fleet maintenance. You make sure your team has the support, knowledge and resources required to build trust and create relationships with our customers. You are in constant contact with leadership teams, sharing data about key performance indicators. You are the first to celebrate team successes and the one who holds others accountable.
The focus of this position is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within established guidelines. You are an effective communicator, someone who is able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. Described as, friendly and genuinely interested in the business and needs of others (including the company, its management, the team and the company’s customers) you, additionally possess a persuasive, teaching style of communication when conveying the company’s policies, programs, and systems. The natural pace at which you work is faster-than-average and as time is usually a factor, your work is completed accurately and on time. You easily recognize details which need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently.
- You’re willing to follow guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed fairly closely, while working with and for others.
- You’ll mainly be working evening shifts.
- You’ll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based upon business needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,200.00 – $62,700.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, OR 97222: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location