Job Summary:The human resource specialist handles and provides support for various HR employee programs within the organization, particularly regarding policies and regulations; addressing a variety of issues and/or providing general support; assisting the Human Resources Director in maintaining records, files and databases of personnel actions, evaluations, and records; and assisting in ensuring that personnel functions conform to all applicable regulatory requirements.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Administers a wide variety of personnel policies and procedures regarding employees (e.g. advertising positions, processing applications, recruitment, separation, verifying employment, orientation, etc.) for the purpose of conforming to policies, procedures and relevant laws
- Monitors and provides training and guidance for assigned processes
- Uses independent judgment, initiative, and good human relations and problem-solving skills in the application and follow through on actions
- Works in cooperation with others to assure required degrees, licenses, credentials and tests for licensed staff are obtained in compliance with federal, state, and accrediting regulations
- Processes and completes personnel forms as necessary on new and/or terminated employees, ensuring accuracy
- Gathers and compiles information from a wide variety of sources and prepares reports utilizing a PC and several types of software programs
- Types and mails all assigned correspondence in a timely manner
- Answers the telephone in a polite manner. Communicates information to the appropriate personnel
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function well in stressful situations
- Coordinates employment processes (e.g. processing applications, inputting data, preparing announcements of vacancies, etc.) with HR Director for the purpose of meeting staffing requirements while complying with established guidelines
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments
- Maintains confidential files and records that may include seniority lists, salary information, absences & leaves, etc.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, data inputting, transmitting, telephoning, taking messages, responding to written and verbal inquires, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the needs of the department
- Ensures documentation meets current standards and policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Preferences:
- College degree in human resources management or related field highly preferred
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing required, bi-lingual preferred
- Thorough understanding of basic human resources guidelines with preference given to experience in healthcare
- Basic computer knowledge, data entry skills required