Lowell House Inc. values the importance of balancing our employees work and family. LHI offers flexible schedule and great benefits. We encourage you to join our family because LHI is a family friendly workplace.
The Human Resources Specialist provides expertise in a specific area of human resources such as compensation, benefits, recruitment, employee relations, training and development, employee wellness, and/or affirmative action; counsels and advises management and employees, initiates and responds to inquiries, provides information about and interprets various agency policies and procedures, investigates employee issues/concerns; compiles and analyzes data; prepares reports; develops presentations and communications for a variety of audiences; and updates Human Resources staff and management; develops and/or modifies policies, procedures, and programs related to area of specialization that are consistent with changes to federal and state laws and regulations and are consistent with agency’s strategic goals.
· Initiate and respond to inquiries in area of specialization typically requiring further research of the issue; complete analysis and respond with recommendation and/or answer to question
· Assist in coordination of specialized programs such as recruitment, employment, development, affirmative action, etc.
· Develop liaison relationships with managers, department heads, support staff, and provide guidance on issues related to benefits, compensation, training, affirmative action, etc.
· Resolve routine issues and employee concerns
· Review programs for compliance with human resources laws, regulations, policies, and best practices and recommend modifications if appropriate
· May present training and/or information programs to groups of employees
· May investigate and resolve grievances, complaints, and/or employee relations issues
· Assist in investigating and providing recommendations regarding policy/legal violations
· Provide advice and consultation to supervisors and managers regarding human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
· Perform complex data analysis; prepare reports and/or presentations for senior management
· Develop training, communications, presentations and/or information programs for employees/groups of employees
· Coordinate and present information on a variety of topics to various program staff.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
3. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
4. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
7. Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
8. Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
9. Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
10. Strong empathy and interpersonal skill
· A bachelor’s degree in human services field is desired
· Demonstrate cultural competency and experience in working with very diverse populations
This position requires the successful completion of a CORI check.
The agency follows CDC protocols to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for our Colleagues, Guests and Residents. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at LHI. All employees are required to report their vaccination status and to provide proof of vaccination
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,920.00 – $64,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lowell, MA 01852: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional In Human Resources (Preferred)
Work Location: One location