The Dallas Morning News currently has openings for a High School Sports Clerk. This position is responsible for entering high school game stats into the sports department’s database for publication in the paper and on our website. This job requires a person who can:
- Answer the phone promptly. Treat all callers with courtesy.
- Check email inbox constantly.
- Enter game stats quickly and accurately into database.
- Create new games into database, as needed
- Search for game results online and call coaches or stringers when results haven’t been received
This role works 3 hours/week Friday nights 9-12 during football season and 3-9 hours/week, mostly Tues and Fri between 6 pm and 11 pm, for remainder of school year. May also include extra work at various times throughout the school year.
- High School diploma
- Strong understanding of football
- Experience with database programs and data entry
- Ability to type 55 wpm
- Must be able to work in deadline driven environment
Job Type: Part-time