GENERAL MANAGER – OWNED RETAIL
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
In Company Owned Retail, we strive to be a transformative, inclusive, authentic, rider focused, and collaborative team that creates the best bikes and delivers world class rider care attention while creating profitability for Specialized. Simply said, we provide quality in our products and to our riders at every interaction and are looking for a teammate to be a part of this growing team. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
The General Manager oversees the daily operations of the owned retail part of Specialized’s business. They ensure strategic goals are met by setting operational policies, creating and maintaining budgets, managing employees and more. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive, while ensuring the business unit goals are achieved. Ultimately, you’ll help our company grow and thrive. You’ll be managing the owned locations (hubs, stores, experience centers & hives), operations (including regional operations, special projects, training & people and culture) & merchandising.
HOW YOU´LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Recruit, onboard and train high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability and business plan objectives
- Develop, implement and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Proven experience managing a retail business of 100+ locations. Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Bachelor degree in Business or relevant field
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Experience managing or working in bicycle or outdoor retail
- Must be a team player, energetic, and highly motivated
- Ability to manage change and apply an entrepreneurial spirit to each project
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Proven ability to successfully connect brand strategy to sales and financial targets
TELL ME MORE
- Industry leading Employee Purchase program
- Long term loan of a current model-year demo bike
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, & 401k*
- For eligible employees
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives. Our culture is one of passion, striving to break barriers and have a positive impact on the world.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.