SUMMARY:To assist in the preparation, serving and clean-up of school Food Service programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Assists in the preparation, serving and clean-up for a variety of foods.
- Prepares, sets-up and serves food for serving lines.
- Performs cashiering duties, including receiving and depositing money.
- Operates and cleans kitchen equipment.
- Performs clean-up duties, including sweeping, mopping, pot and dish washing.
- Complies with Physical Demands of the position.
- Complies with all Environmental Health Regulations and FANS Policies
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- High standards of personal hygiene and sanitation.
- Basic math skills with the ability to exchange currency.
- Ability to measure and accurately use measuring devices.
- Ability to identify emergency situations and report to appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge of institutional cooking/baking, hygiene and sanitation, tools and equipment, food temperatures and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of various foods prepared: color, taste, consistency, volume and cooking/baking time.
- Knowledge of safety, cleaning and sanitizing methods.
- High School Diploma or GED.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Satisfactory completion of training in food sanitation and safety
www.aps.edu/jobs CLASSIFIED application