Who are we?
Apex Leadership Company is an emerging School Fundraising Franchisor that is growing rapidly with 54 franchisees in 33 states. Our goal is to collaborate with school PTO/A’s and faculty to build student leaders through a meaningful, “hassle-free” and financially successful school Fun Run. Franchise owners employ former Pro and college athletes to teach the students about leadership and fitness for 2 weeks and then host a Fun Run. The Fun Runs have averaged 6x the amount netted in traditional school fundraising so schools give communities the necessary resources to support their children.
We combine four important skillsets for students — education, fitness, leadership, and raising money for their school — in our unique school Fun Runs. To date, over 4 million students have been served and more than $120 million netted for 5,000 schools.
To better understand what we do and why we do it, please visit us at: https://apexleadershipco.com/about-us/
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is excited about helping schools get the funding they need to properly educate and support our next generation. You will have the autonomy and freedom to have functional responsibility in everything you do. You will be taking a proactive technical approach while building and maintaining our Fundraising Platform. We are looking for someone that is comfortable working on a small, yet agile technical team that wants to be a part of real educational change. A team player that is excited to partner with all aspects of the business to truly create the best educational fundraising platform possible. You will also be working on solutions for Payments, Emails and Custom sites.
*This position will start out as fully remote and then will be a hybrid model (3 days in-office/week) in the Houston Metro area at some point. We will consider full remote for the right candidate but prefer a hybrid candidate.*
- Craft, implement and maintain consistent software development policies and standards throughout the department.
- Ensure a consistent, efficient architectural approach across all projects.
- Implement and maintain consistent build and deployment plans for all projects.
- Drive continuous improvement and new software technology initiatives throughout the department.
- Work with senior management to effectively prioritize development efforts.
- Work with the executive team to fulfill future software engineers staffing requirements.
- Take high-level direction, formulate a plan to achieve goals, and work hands-on with other software engineers to prototype, create frameworks, and execute a plan.
- Work directly with business partners.
- Effectively and objectively research new software technology concepts and tools and make recommendations.
- Partner with an offshore team and set the direction for coding standards and reviews, approaches to common development challenges, requirements for scalability, security, and design reviews.
- 4+ years of full-stack software development experience, including experience with Web-based APIs and applications.
- Strong background with Object-oriented design and implementation.
- Extensive database design/data modeling experience.
- Application of security concepts and best practices.
- Have detailed technical understanding of .NET, MSSQL, Angular, Azure, Front-End Development, and other platforms for applications and services.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent experience required.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $120,000.00 – $170,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Full-stack development: 3 years (Required)
- .NET: 2 years (Preferred)
- Angular: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote