Do you have a passion for food, love providing top level customer service and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Since our employees are also owners, they care deeply about providing high quality service to each-and-every customer. Our mission as an employee-owned company is to offer quality food choices to the communities we serve, support local farmers and producers, and develop and reinvest in our employee owners. Apply today and begin your ownership journey!
PURPOSE STATEMENT:To maximize sales and profit in the Fuel Center through exceptional customer service while maintaining optimum department conditions.
SIGNIFICANT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome and appreciated by answering all questions regarding products sold in the department and throughout the store.
- To maintain knowledge of products sold within the department to better assist customers with questions and make suggestions about products.
- To maintain a safe and clean fuel center and retail environment.
- To Adhere to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- To provide prompt, efficient and friendly customer service while operating a cash register and credit card scanner inside fuel station booth/convenience store.
- To receive and check in delivered merchandise and place in appropriate storage area.
- To perform daily safety inspections of tanks and pumps.
- To receive gas deliveries from our fuel distributor.
- To perform inventory counts as applicable and replenish displays and shelves as needed.
- To check case and cooler/freezer temperatures 4 times daily utilizing the time keeping system to record each check.
- To change Point of Sales (POS) materials as needed/directed.
- To perform miscellaneous tasks assigned by the department manager, substituting for absent workers, and performing any additional tasks necessary to provide products and services to customers.
- Basic mathematical ability (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and ability to count.
- Able to give/receive complex verbal instructions/descriptions to/from supervisors/co-workers/employees concerning store/department policy/procedures and use of equipment.
- The ability to read and write English; able to read instructions, merchandise labels, warehouse order codes, numbers, reports, printed paper invoices and order forms.
- Able to open cases and stock so that product will not be damaged
- Good interpersonal communications.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Prior experience in a related type of job
3. Prior experience using scissors, clippers, knife, stem cutter, and helium tank.
TASKS OF THE JOB – This position generally requires:
- Move to perform: the receiving of product, movement of product to the floor or storage area, opening/cutting of cases, inspect product quality, sorting of cases/merchandise, building of displays in the aisle and on the case/rack, order merchandise and supplies, cleaning and maintenance, removal of trash/debris from the department, price-marking and signage, approximate maximum 100 yards.
- To check the case/cooler temperature 4 times daily.
- Work on tile or concrete for a maximum of 8 hours in duration.
- Lift a maximum of 50 lbs. from 6 inches to 84 inches on to overhead/cooler storage rack.
- Move a maximum of 50 lbs. up to 15 yards.
- Pick up/move/attach signage/sort/open”face/front” case/item/ trash from floor/shelf/cart/pallet/cooler storage.
- Attain merchandise/cases on the top shelf of cooler storage shelves/rack, up to 84 inches from the floor.
- Reach forward/down with both hands up to 36 inches to attain merchandise on stocking cart, multi-tray rack or pallets, to prepare and package product and to clean shelves/floor area.
- Reach up to place signs and banners in place.
- Handle labels/signs/tags, debris, case cutter/utility knife/stem cutter.
- Grasp and handle wet/iced/cold/metal/paper/plastic products.
- Twist at the waist while cleaning, cutting/opening, sorting, load/unloading, moving/removing merchandise and stocking merchandise.
- Move stocking carts, loaded pallet jacks (up to 300 lbs.) and maintenance equipment approximately 25 yards.
- Climb on ladders, racks, cases, shelving, and stairs up to 3 feet in height.
- Stock shelves, rotate product, “facefront” shelves 8 inches from the floor to 60″ inches in height.
- Be aware of cases, case-cutter edge, case strips, shelf location, product size/description, equipment controls, price-marking equipment, department production equipment, customers, co-workers, shelf tags, labels on products, stocking carts, temperature gauges/controls, invoice/packing slips, code date, reports, packaging materials, debris on floor, aisle markers, and signs.
- Perceive color difference of product, product labels and condition of product.
- Respond to co-worker, vendor and customer comments and questions.
- Respond to the sound of department production equipment/ baler/pallet jack/cleaning equipment operation “noises”.
- Use and respond to the intercom/phone system.
- Read case labels/strips, signs, tags, shelf signs, code dates, invoices, temperature gauges, reports, numbers, aisle markers, equipment, and chemical-warning labels.