In his role, you will coordinate the activities of all staff supporting the Brentwood Primary Care office, and interact with faculty and residents to maximize patient care, resident education and patient satisfaction. In addition, perform the full range of administrative and patient care support functions, to include assisting in coordinating patient flow throughout the clinic, from registration to discharge. Work as a member of the clinic team to provide smooth outpatient flow resulting in optimum patient satisfaction and clinic operation.
- Ability to work effectively with patients, physicians and staff in a diplomatic and professional manner in order to maximize suite operations.
- Working knowledge of EMR systems to complete on-line transactions, including appointment scheduling, procedure scheduling, the encounter registration system, hospital lab results and medical reports.
- Team building skills, to include prior supervisory lead experience in a Healthcare setting.
- Skill in monitoring complex clinician appointment schedules.
- Ability to elicit salient clinical information such as presenting complaints from patients and referring professionals, and make appropriate assignments based on established guidelines.
- Ability to triage patient issues to achieve resolution.
- Skill in performing with frequent interruptions and/or distractions including the ability to accept equivocal circumstance and respond to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction and in setting priorities, which accurately reflect the relative importance of assignments.
- Ability to accept directions from supervisors and act promptly.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance plans and types of coverage provided.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.