- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Invoices, packing slips, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to speak effectively with vendors, staff and students.
- Ability to measure quantity as needed for amount of student lunches/snacks.
5. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
6. Ability to be flexible with unforeseen food preparations.
7. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all school requirements and Board policies.
1. Practice good personal hygiene, sanitation and safety rules daily.
2. Be courteous when dealing with students, adults and public.
3. Serve on tray line using proper portion control.
4. Prepare and assist in serving a wide variety of cold and hot dishes.
5. Checks menu to determine needs for food preparation and alert the manager of food inventory needs.
6. Assist in proper storage of food.
7. Serves food in proper pre-determined portion sizes.
8. Any substandard quality food must be brought to the attention of the food and nutrition manager and properly discarded.
9. Sets up, maintains and breaks down salad bar.
10. Receives deliveries when assigned.
11. Develops and maintains adequate food/supplies, orders as required.
12. Cleans cafeteria area before and after business hours including serving area continually.
13. Maintains appearance of all equipment and serving counters.
14. Assists setting up food service tables and may also setup food service lines, carts and special trays.
15. Back up service lines by obtaining additional portions of beverages and salads for service and work on service line as needed.
16. Cleaning: Clean tables in cafeteria after each meal. Sweep and mop kitchen area, clean cafeteria area. Assist in cleaning refrigerators, freezers and other items as needed. Clean stove and other food cans and boxes in store room. Clean and polish sinks, pots and pans and tables. Clean and maintain utensils and equipment used in food preparation and in serving. Take out trash, wash cans, put inner liners, and return to designated area. General cleaning as assigned.
17. Report any needed repairs to the Manager as soon as they are noticed.
18. Attend summer workshops and in-service when offered.
19. Other duties as assigned-Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: Newly appointed employee will be subject to an initial ninety (90) calendar day probation period.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25,600.00 – $33,713.96 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Masks are required and fully vaccinated for the Corona Virus (COVID 19)
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Laveen, AZ 85339: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Food production: 1 year (Preferred)
- IVP fingerprint Clearance Card (Required)
- Food Handler Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location