The Financial Analystrole addresses the day-to-day planning and analytical needs of the organization as well as participate in broader long-term projects.
Typical areas of concentration will include:
- Maintain and produce daily, monthly, quarterly and annual internal reporting (i.e. census, admissions, bonus calculation, etc.) and supporting data sets.
- Perform ad hoc analyses at the direction of management and the operating units.
- Drive the annual budget process including template generation and data accumulation.
- Develop of new analytic datasets (KPI’s, benchmarks, etc.).
- Assist in the adoption and penetration of new tools across the company including performing business-side administration of implemented tools.
- Aid the development and production of proposals and presentations.
Support corporate management teams and operational leaders
Long-term projects as assigned
The successful candidate will possess:
· Minimum of two years of relevant full-time work experience in finance or accounting (healthcare experience preferred but not required) ideally with exposure to financial reporting, analysis and budgeting.
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS) with demonstrated coursework in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics or related subjects (or analytical work experience in lieu of such coursework).
- Passion for health system strategy and finance.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills including experience in financial modeling and analysis.
- Knowledge of various data mining techniques to generate business insight
Required: Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups, etc.)
Preferred: Advanced Excel skills (macros, VBA) Other reporting/database tool experience (Power BI, SQL, etc.)