Williston District, Stanley, ND
If you are looking to make a difference and drive your success, you have come to the right place. As the number one Department of Transportation (DOT) in highway performance and cost-effectiveness in the nation, there is no better time for you to join our team where the work you do along with our mission to safely move people and goods positively impacts the citizens and the traveling public in North Dakota.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion to help the citizens in our great state and have fun doing it. We offer rewarding work opportunities with a competitive employee benefits package including a fully paid family health insurance plan, paid leave, retirement plan options, work-life balance/flexibility, an infant at work program, tuition reimbursement, and more!
NDDOT Starting Salary:$3,513 / month with up to a 5% increase after probation*
- This position qualifies for a Regional Pay Differential payment of $400 per month.
Summary of Work
- Highway, Roadway and Structure Maintenance
- Operate heavy equipment to perform required maintenance duties.
- Perform highway maintenance duties.
- Perform basic snow and ice control/removal.
- Assist in installing, repairing, and maintaining highway signs and guardrails.
- Operate power tools and other equipment to perform maintenance duties.
- Keep roadways clear of any hazards; litter, waste, debris, garbage, carcass.
- Building and Grounds Maintenance
- Perform building and ground maintenance duties.
- Information Technology Equipment Maintenance
- Perform general routine maintenance of the roadway and radio system equipment.
- Equipment and Vehicle Maintenance
- Perform minor preventive and repair maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Record Keeping
- Maintain necessary paperwork, including time records, activity reporting, daily diary, road reports, etc.
- Highway Construction Project Duties
- Receive training and perform construction project duties under close supervision.
- Maintain a Safe Working Environment
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Valid North Dakota Class A driver’s license with air brakes and a cargo tanker endorsement to drive CDL required equipment.
- Requires reporting to work within 30 minutes, after hours, on weekends, and holidays during emergency events.
Employment of the selected candidate will be contingent on satisfactorily completing the interview process and the required drug test, medical screening, reference check, and driving records check with current and previous employers within the past three years.
Submit an application at www.nd.gov/careers by 11:59 P.M. CST on the closing date. Application materials, including resume, cover letter, and transcript, must clearly explain how experience and education relate to the minimum qualifications and job duties.* Applicants who experience difficulties during the application process should contact email@example.com or 701.328.3290.
- Candidates will be scored on a 100-point candidate questionnaire to be considered for interviews. Application materials, including resumes and attachments, are not considered in the 100-point candidate questionnaire. Applicants must provide detail in their responses to the questionnaire.
For more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or selection process, contact Denise Osmond, Recruitment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701.328.4358. Learn more about NDDOT at https://www.dot.nd.gov/.
TTY users may use Relay North Dakota at 711 or 1-800-366-6888.
NDDOT does not provide sponsorships.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
- Posting Date:23rd Jul 2022